If you’re an Android user, Android TV is a great way to bring your mobile OS (and your favorite apps) to the big screen. And if you’re looking to get more from your Android TV box, this is a collection of few tips and tricks to help supercharge your experience.
If you’re really looking for more information on Android TV (and which box you should buy), this post probably isn’t for you…yet. First, I’d take a look at what Android TV is all about, along with a few recommendations of some of the best Android TV boxes on the market right now. Then, come back here and get started tweaking.
Re-arrange Your Apps
Just like on your phone, you can pick and choose the order of your apps on Android TV, as long as your box is running Android 6.0 and above. It’s actually really simple to do:
- Long press the icon you want to move,
- When the screen turns gray, move the icon around,
- Use the “select” button to drop the icon.
- Hit “Done.”
That’s all there is to it. If you want a more in depth look at re-arranging home screen icons, check out our primer.
Expand Your Device’s Storage
If there’s one negative thing to say about most Android TV boxes, it’s that they don’t have enough internal storage. Fortunately, you can use an external hard drive on most Android TV boxes to add more storage, or even an SD card on certain models to make the expansion process even easier.
Unfortunately, there isn’t a blanket method here—it all depends on what your device support. The good news is that we have an excellent tutorial on adding an external hard drive…
I have a crazy passion for #music, #celebrity #news & #fashion! I'm always out and about on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sasha Harriet (see all)
- Watch Two Kids Disguised as One Tall Man in Trench Coat Try to Get in to See ‘Black Panther’ - February 19, 2018
- Beauty Therapy Course Gives Prison Inmates Skills to Make Up a Beautiful Life - February 19, 2018
- The Insect That Painted Europe Red - February 19, 2018
More from Around the Web