What if I told you creative people are found to be more attractive by others? According to a study done by Christopher Watkins,
This may sound great, but there is more to the study than just this. Other factors that come into play include gender and physical appearance. Surprisingly, the effects of creativity are stronger for average looking people than people who are genetically gifted. Creativity is also thought to be more beneficial for men2.
At this point you may be thinking, “HOW DO I MAKE MYSELF MORE CREATIVE!”
Creativity Is Intelligence Having Fun.
What is creativity? Rollo May, the author of The Courage to Create said,
Creativity is “the process of bringing something new into being. Creativity requires passion and commitment. It brings to our awareness what was previously hidden and points to new life,”
As a matter of fact, creativity does not only make one more attractive; creativity also accompanies with many benefits. Below you shall see some of them:
- Become a better problem solver: creativity allows one to overcome challenge with innovative methods.
- Save Money: creativity yields inner fulfilment, which reduces the urge to consume.
- Embrace Freedom: creativity helps one fully engage with him or herself, surpassing all detrimental self-judgement.
- Relieve Stress: creativity invites us to fully utilise our mind, our hand, and our energy, which awards us contented happiness 3.
There Is a Big Common Misconception about Creativity.
Many people have a misconception about creativity — it is something inborn. If we aren’t born creative, there is no hope. This is not true. Demian Farnworth, a Senior Content Writer at Lutheran Church Extension Fund, says this is not only a…
I have a crazy passion for #music, #celebrity #news & #fashion! I'm always out and about on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sasha Harriet (see all)
- New Study Finds Cats Most Likely Domesticated Themselves - June 27, 2017
- The Way You Draw a Circle Can Reveal a Lot About Your Past - June 27, 2017
- How to Write to NTFS Drives on a Mac - June 27, 2017
More from Around the Web