is the most important meal, and you strive not to skip it. The first thing you do after waking up in the morning is head to the kitchen and eating cereals. After all, they’re quick and easy to make.
But, they aren’t as harmless as you think they are.
Don’t forget that most breakfast cereals are sugar-laden. Unhealthy cravings, dull skin complexion, excessive intake of other sugary foods are some of many signs you need sugar detox.
It is entirely possible to eat a healthy breakfast without slaving off in the kitchen for hours. Keep reading to see ten amazing healthy and fast breakfast ideas.
Cereals Are Not the Best Breakfast Option. Do You Know Why?
While munching on breakfast cereals may seem like such an easy way to boost energy and deal with hunger early in the morning, the reality is much different.
Why trust us?
The answer is simple. Unlike other websites which throw around baseless claims, we make sure our tips are evidence-based, and this post is not an exception. Breakfast cereals are loaded with sugar, which is bad news for your health.
A study published in the BMJ found that intake of free sugars (and sugar-sweetened beverages) is a strong determinant of body weight, i.e. consumption of sugars is linked to overweight and obesity. We consume way too much sugar on a daily basis primarily through processed foods. That said, breakfast cereals are some of the most frequently consumed processed foods in the world. 1
You May Be Faked by the Labels on the Cereal Boxes; Cereals Are Not As Healthy As the Brands Claim
Maybe you recognize these popular breakfast cereals:
- Fruit Loops
- Frosted Flakes
- Coco Pops
However, these cereals usually feature misleading claims on the boxes.
Just read the label on a cereal box you have in your kitchen and chances are high you’ll see terms “whole grain” or “low fat”.
Now, find the ingredients list, and you will notice that primary ingredients are sugars and refined grains. Just because they do contain a small percentage of whole grains, it doesn’t mean they are healthy. These false claims are purposefully featured on the packaging to mislead consumers.
Other reasons why breakfast cereals are bad news for your health include:
- They contain GMOs
- Cold cereals are produced by an extrusion process: the grains are processed at high temperatures to make funny shapes and sprayed with coating oil and sugar to stay crunchy and crispy. During this process, a lot of nutrients from grains are destroyed
- Vitamins and minerals added to these cereals are often useless: they are synthetic and the body doesn’t utilize them properly
There Are Alternatives That Guarantee Health, Which Are Cheap and Require Little Time
The main reason why we eat unhealthy breakfasts is that we…
I have a crazy passion for #music, #celebrity #news & #fashion! I'm always out and about on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sasha Harriet (see all)
- Podcast Episode 174: Cracking the Nazi Code - October 23, 2017
- WWE TLC Results – Kurt Angle Returns In Big Main Event, New Champion Crowned, Elias, Asuka, More - October 23, 2017
- Pets And People Are Joyously Reuniting After California Wildfires - October 23, 2017
More from Around the Web