For years, I didn’t have the habit of working out. Then one day I decided to start building the habit and now I’m glad to say that I work out almost every day.
So how can we get motivated to work out?
The starting point, I believe, is internalizing the benefits. The more you internalize the benefits, the more motivated you will be.
Here are the benefits you will get from working out:
Personally, this is the benefit that I like the most. Since I spent years not exercising, I can attest to the difference it makes. Exercise gives me more energy throughout the day. It results in more enthusiasm and better focus.
For this to happen, I suggest you exercise in the morning. That way you will get the energy you need for the rest of the day.
- Improved Self-ControlStudies show that exercise can help you build self-control. In The Power of Habit, it’s mentioned that exercise is a keystone habit, which means that building this habit can help you build other good habits.
- HappinessWhen you have more enthusiasm and self-control, you will increase your happiness. I can say from experience that working out is a good way to lift your mood.
- Long-Term HealthWorking out is essential for maintaining good health. There are so many health risks that can be reduced if you make working out a habit.
In addition to the benefits above, you can use your exercise time for learning. Bill Gates, for instance, uses his exercise sessions to watch video lectures. I use…
Latest posts by Marcela (see all)
- Fracking linked to low birth weight in Pennsylvania babies - December 13, 2017
- Federal maps underestimate flood risk for tens of millions of people, scientists warn - December 13, 2017
- These are the most-read Science News stories of 2017 - December 13, 2017
More from Around the Web