Before several women accused Mario Batali of sexual misconduct, a male employee sued the celebrity chef over claims of discrimination and sexual harassment.
Isaac Franco Nava, a former pastry cook at Babbo, filed a suit against the eatery, Batali and Batali’s partner Joseph Bastianich in May, claiming he was harassed and ultimately fired for taking a pork chop home with him, according to court documents obtained by Page Six.
The case is set to continue into 2018. “A date has not been set for depositions yet,” Franco’s attorney Eric M. Baum of E & B Law told Page Six on Friday.
Batali stepped down from day-to-day operations of his restaurant empire earlier this week following the new misconduct claims.
“Isaac was proud of his job as a pastry cook and was hoping to further his career at Babbo; however, shortly after he started working at Babbo, he was repeatedly harassed and mistreated because of his sexual orientation and race,” Baum told us. “When Isaac…
I have a crazy passion for #music, #celebrity #news & #fashion! I'm always out and about on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sasha Harriet (see all)
- Watch Dramatic Video of Surfer Potentially Breaking Record for Riding World’s Biggest Wave - December 17, 2018
- The Best Gifts For The DIYer In Your Life - December 17, 2018
- Mosque of the Divinity - December 17, 2018
More from Around the Web