The Science News website attracted millions of visitors in 2017. The lists below name the most-read online stories outside of our Top 10 stories of the year, plus the most popular stories for each of our blogs.
1. The blue wings of this dragonfly may be surprisingly alive
Tiny tubes between veins in the shimmery blue wings of morpho dragonflies (shown above) may be respiratory networks that help create nanostructures responsible for the dazzling display (SN Online: 6/30/17).
2. Here are the paths of the next 15 solar eclipses
Did you miss the Great American Eclipse? Find another opportunity using this map of all 15 total solar eclipses from 2017 to 2040 (SN Online: 8/18/17).
3. Mystery void is discovered in the Great Pyramid of Giza
High-energy particles from space called cosmic rays helped scientists uncover a previously unknown cavity inside one of the world’s oldest and largest monuments (SN Online: 11/2/17).
4. Ancient DNA offers clues to the Canaanites’ fate…
Latest posts by Marcela (see all)
- How to Get Your Car Ready for Hurricane Season - July 16, 2018
- Forget Learning How to Multitask: Boosts Productivity 10X More with Focus - July 16, 2018
- Power of Expectations - July 16, 2018
More from Around the Web