Today, families and individuals across the world celebrate Easter, the religious holiday honoring Jesus’s resurrection, and marking the coming of Spring. Like the dead of winter is transformed every year, let us celebrate rebirth in our own way — every day — by trying to find the good that is waiting to blossom forth in any apparent death.
MORE Good News on this Date:
- Charlie Chaplin was born in London, the first moviemaker to take complete control over his films, as the actor, writer, and director (1889)
- Boston Arena, the oldest existing indoor ice hockey arena still used for the sport in the 21st century, now called Matthews Arena and considered a spectator’s dream venue, opened for the first time (1910)
- Gandhi organized a day of “prayer and fasting” in response to the killing of Indian protesters by the British (1919)
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. penned his famous Letter from the Birmingham Jail while incarcerated in Alabama for protesting against segregation., saying, “injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere” (1963)
- Walter Cronkite first anchored the CBS Evening News broadcast; later he became “the most trusted man in America”, turning public opinion against U.S. aggression in Viet Nam (1962)
I have a crazy passion for #music, #celebrity #news & #fashion! I'm always out and about on Twitter.
More from Around the Web