From a carpool social network to incentivised car-free travel, our pick of five transport projects that tackle air pollution
1. Carpool commute – Liftshare
Every rush hour there are an estimated 38m empty seats in the cars on UK roads. The people behind car-sharing website and free app Liftshare suggest pooling vehicles to cut your carbon footprint, slash fuel bills and help reduce congestion and air pollution. A million trips are shared in its network each month, and a new journey is posted every two minutes.
2. From rides to strides – Living Streets
A generation ago, 70 per cent of people going to school in the UK walked – now it’s under half. The school run alone generates 2m tonnes of CO2 per year. Living Streets wants to reverse the decline. The charity provides parents and teachers with tools: from an app, to a motivational travel tracker to hang up in classrooms.
I have a crazy passion for #music, #celebrity #news & #fashion! I'm always out and about on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sasha Harriet (see all)
- The Best Backpacks For College Students - August 17, 2018
- Watch Free TV Online Right Now With Xumo.TV - August 17, 2018
- Girl Finds Unexpected Pictures On Her Phone After Passing Out, Turns Out Her BF Did Her Skin Care Routine - August 17, 2018
More from Around the Web