With Labor Day approaching, want to grow the economic impact of your space? Want to help area employers find qualified candidates? Want to grow awareness of your space? Why not host job fairs regularly at your Makerspace? While it does take some time and coordination, the benefits far outway to cost of production.
Here are some ideas and best practices for running a job fair.
Learn how candidates can succeed at securing opportunities. Modify for your target industry segment. Discover what jobs are in high demand in your area. Focus on attracting candidates that fill those needs
- Develop a core team of 3-5 volunteers to help pull this together.
- When? Set a date
- Where? Your space preferable so you can show off your equipment but perhaps you may want to consider other options.
- Create your own job fair flier. Sample Flier- https://www.newswire.com/news/upcoming-next-level-career-fair-20550129
- Create your own Jobfair blog with tips and techniques, post registered employers For ideas-
How to approach your employers? These industries have higher median salaried jobs and are rapidly growing in Advanced Manufacturing, Building & Construction, Health & Life Sciences, Information Technology & Business Services, and Transportation & Logistics.
Recommended to call employers, explain what your plans are and then schedule a visit, show them your floor plan and sign them up in person. You can also ask them on ways they recommend to get other employers there, perhaps secure sponsorship for your makersfaires, uncover equipment, tools or metals, plastics, electronics. You may want to give them a 3 month FREE membership to participate and promote your events.
Host workshops for employers and offer some for candidates in the weeks leading up the Next Fair.
Circulate fliers profusely online. Make sure to call and send to your media outlets TV, Radio, Newspapers, civic groups, area churches, area tech/hobby clubs, city, county state government agencies, area workforce board, Human resource associations, area chambers of commerce, sports teams, community colleges, universities, CTE instructors.
I have a crazy passion for #music, #celebrity #news & #fashion! I'm always out and about on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sasha Harriet (see all)
- How to Catch a Bat in Your House - October 16, 2018
- There’s a Rumor Nintendo Might Launch the N64 Classic Mini Soon - October 16, 2018
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20 X Feature Huge Screens and Monster Specs - October 16, 2018
More from Around the Web