Getting an MBA abroad has become increasingly popular. It’s a great way to build an international network and gain diverse professional experience. When you research potential programs, compile a list of business schools that specialize in your area of interest. Compare tuition costs, and consider whether you can afford to live in a program’s city. Give yourself months to put together your application, and be sure to convey your international experience in your essays. An MBA is a major investment, so explore funding options like scholarships and career development loans.
- 1 Select programs that specialize in your area of interest. Evaluate location, faculty, and industry access, and narrow your list to programs that suit your needs. For example, if you specialize in finance, business schools near New York and London are among your best options. Their proximity to major financial institutions will give you access to internship, networking, and career opportunities.
- When researching MBA programs online, include your field as a search term. Your area of interest could be finance, marketing, real estate, IT management, or health care.
- 2 Compare program costs. An MBA is a major investment, and top programs in the United States and Europe cost well over $100,000 (USD). Your specialization can help you narrow your list of programs and locations. From there, compare programs’ costs and funding options.
- While the top-ranked programs are located in the US, UK, and France, expand your search beyond rankings. India and China, for example, offer competitive programs and scholarships to international applicants. Peking University’s 2-year MBA is taught in English, and international scholarships could cover up to full tuition.
- 3 Factor in cost of living. Find out how much rent, utilities, a cup of coffee, groceries, toiletries, and other necessities cost in your potential programs’ locations. You might not be working full-time during your studies, so you need to make sure you can afford to live in your chosen program’s city.
- Enter a city into Numbeo’s cost of living calculator: https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living. It’ll generate an exhaustive list of expenses, including groceries, utilities, and…
I have a crazy passion for #music, #celebrity #news & #fashion! I'm always out and about on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sasha Harriet (see all)
- How Lethal Weapon’s Season 3 Premiere Handled Clayne Crawford’s Departure - September 26, 2018
- Meghan Markle Spotted With New Hairstyle, Plays Sports In Heels Like Kate - September 26, 2018
- New Zealand PM makes history by bringing baby to UN meeting - September 26, 2018
More from Around the Web