Summer is the peak growing season for your lawn, which means that it needs some extra attention during this time. Aside from mowing your lawn, you will need to ensure that your lawn gets the right amount of water. You will also need to attend to your lawn’s soil fertility and weed control. By using some simple strategies, you can have a beautiful lawn all summer long!
- 1 Mow your lawn once or twice a week. Mowing your lawn regularly is one way to keep it in good health. Mow your lawn twice a week if you have been getting the usual amount of rain for your area, and once per week if your area has been experiencing a drought.
- 3 Cut no more than one-third of the total growth each time you mow. It is important to avoid cutting the grass too short, especially when the weather is very hot. During hot weather, your lawn has to put a lot of energy into regrowing grass shoots.
- For example, if the lawn is 6 inches (15 cm) tall, then cut no more than 2 inches (5.1 cm).
- Even if your lawn is growing quickly, don’t cut more than one-third of the growth. Cut it more often, such as twice per week instead of once per week.
- 4 Sharpen the blade in your mower if it is dull. You can check the ends of the grass after mowing your lawn to determine if your mower blade is dull or sharp. If the ends of the grass look yellow or white, then your mower blade is likely dull. Take the blade to a hardware store to get it sharpened.
- 5 Leave grass clippings on your…
I have a crazy passion for #music, #celebrity #news & #fashion! I'm always out and about on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sasha Harriet (see all)
- How to Dry Out a Phone Without Rice - November 21, 2018
- Good News in History, November 21 - November 21, 2018
- Gwen Stefani Loves How Close Blake Shelton Is To Her Kids But Still Wants Bond With Gavin Rossdale - November 21, 2018
More from Around the Web