Source: mentalfloss.com As she approached the shore of Sangatte, France, Florence Chadwick was exhausted. She had been swimming in the English Channel for over 16 hours, battling strong winds and thick fog that made every stroke a challenge. The previous leg of her...
Around the Web
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our network of sites.
- 15-Year-old Melts the Hearts of Airline Passengers When She Befriends Blind and Deaf Passenger
- TIL More police officers and firefighters die from suicide than in line of duty
- The 5 Best Handheld Vacuums For Cleaning Up Quick Spills
- Lost Corgi Goes Viral on Twitter, But Old-Fashioned Fate Brings Him Home
- Husky Rescues Woman Who Injured Herself While Hiking Alone In Alaska