Source: Futility Closet Guy Gabaldon was an untested Marine when he landed on the Pacific island of Saipan during World War II. But he decided to fight the war on his own terms, venturing alone into enemy territory and trying to convince Japanese soldiers to surrender...
Around the Web
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our network of sites.
- These are the most-read Science News stories of 2017
- Electric eels provide a zap of inspiration for a new kind of power source
- The prisoner dads who create storybooks to send to their children
- London Train Station to Throw Christmas Party for City’s Homeless
- Alzheimer’s protein can sneak into the brain from the blood