Source: mentalfloss.com As she approached the shore of Sangatte, France, Florence Chadwick was exhausted. She had been swimming in the English Channel for over 16 hours, battling strong winds and thick fog that made every stroke a challenge. The previous leg of her...
Around the Web
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our network of sites.
- Kylie Jenner’s pregnancy picture is the most relatable thirsty meme
- Bionic Hands and Transparent Salaries: 5 (Well-Educated) Predictions on the Future of Creative Work
- One Artist’s Mission to Illustrate All the World’s Mythical Beasts
- Meet Hercules, One of America’s Early Celebrity Chefs
- Drinking Alcohol in Moderation is Key to Longevity—Even More Than Exercise, Says 14-Year Study