Source: mentalfloss.com As she approached the shore of Sangatte, France, Florence Chadwick was exhausted. She had been swimming in the English Channel for over 16 hours, battling strong winds and thick fog that made every stroke a challenge. The previous leg of her...
Around the Web
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our network of sites.
- These are the most-read Science News stories of 2017
- Electric eels provide a zap of inspiration for a new kind of power source
- The prisoner dads who create storybooks to send to their children
- London Train Station to Throw Christmas Party for City’s Homeless
- Alzheimer’s protein can sneak into the brain from the blood