Tax season is upon as, and many are in the market for a preparation software to file their own tax returns. You may have heard of TaxAct before, as you filed in past years. In 2017, though, they’ve made quite a few changes to improve their software, mobile app, and support… ultimately giving you a better tax filing experience.
Here’s an overview of what TaxAct has to offer in 2017:
What’s New for 2017?
In 2017, TaxAct launched a new addition to its tax filing products, called the BluPrint Financial Assessment. BluPrint Financial Assessment provides financial guidance and savings information all year-round. With this assessment, customers receive a complimentary analysis of their tax return off the bat. Then, throughout the year, they receive additional insight on ways to reduce their tax bill next year and save for the future.
TaxAct has also implemented some enhancements to its other existing features:
- Expanded W2 import options – TaxAct now has the ability to import W-2 forms straight from employers for over 75 million Americans. TaxAct online customers can also import PDF files of their W-2 forms.
- Redesigned mobile app – TaxAct Express, the mobile app, gives customers an easy way to complete simple tax returns from their mobile phones or tablets. On the app, customers can also take a picture of their W-2 forms and upload it directly into their returns.
- Personalized income interview – TaxAct has streamlined its online interview process to make it faster and easier for customers to file their tax returns.
- Unlimited support – All of TaxAct’s products now offer unlimited phone and email support no matter which edition you purchase.
- Prior year online return access – All TaxAct customers can now access their previously filed tax returns for the past seven years.
How Much Does TaxAct Cost?
The cost of TaxAct varies depending on the product level you choose as well as whether you choose to file online or via desktop download. Here are the current prices for TaxAct’s products:
|Online||$0 for federal and state filing; $10 for optional prior year import||$20; $30 state additional; prior year import included||$35; $30 state additional; prior year import included|
|Desktop Download||$0 for federal; $25 state additional; $5 for optional prior year import||$40 for federal and state filing; prior year import included||$55…|