- “It’s almost like the only way we can understand leisure is as a productivity hack.”
- “If we think of happiness as an individual responsibility, that stands in the way of building a society in which the conditions are there for everybody to thrive.”
In the years before the election of the impossible president rent forever the very fabric of being, the band Radiohead was busy channeling something many of us were feeling but nobody was really talking about. A kind of ambient, multivalent state of anxiety that seemed to characterize life in the mid-to-late ’90s. Listening to Radiohead was therapeutic. Your own awkward, unpresentable panic somehow dissolved into their sonic ocean, where it was transformed into sexy, transcendent beauty. It felt, uh…empowering?
Latest posts by Marcela (see all)
- Medicaid expansion may help shrink health gaps between black and white babies - April 23, 2019
- How to Make Going Back to School at 30 Possible (And Meaningful) - April 23, 2019
- Joy Vs Happiness: What’s the Difference and Can We Achieve Both? - April 23, 2019
More from Around the Web