Receipts serve as a document for customer payments and as a record of sale. If you want to provide a customer with a receipt, you can handwrite one on a piece of paper or create one digitally using a template or software system. If you plan on doing business, it’s important that you know how to properly write a receipt for proper documentation, tax purposes, and to protect yourself and your customers.
- 1 Buy a receipt book to make writing receipts easier. You can purchase a 2 part carbonless receipt book online or at an office supply store or one that has several sheets of reusable carbon paper. These booklets are usually prenumbered and already have the receipt headings in place. Make sure to get booklets with 2 part forms so that you get a copy that you can keep for your records. If you don’t have a booklet on hand, you can simply handwrite receipts on a piece of paper and photocopy them.
- Make sure that the carbon paper is between the original and the copy before starting to write a receipt.
- Use a pen when handwriting receipts, making sure to press down firmly so that the information transfers to the copy.
- 2 Write the receipt number and date on the top right. Write out the full date that you made the sale and a chronologically ordered receipt number under it. Each receipt should have a number so that you can keep track of each sale throughout the day. For the receipt number, start with 001 and go up one number for every receipt. You can do this ahead of time so…
I have a crazy passion for #music, #celebrity #news & #fashion! I'm always out and about on Twitter.
Latest posts by Sasha Harriet (see all)
- Americans One of the Most Stressed-Out People According to Survey - April 29, 2019
- Giants say they’ve spoken with Ballentine, express condolences to Simmons’ family - April 29, 2019
- Wilt Chamberlain 100-Pt. Game Scorer’s Sheet Sells For $214K!! - April 29, 2019
More from Around the Web