Running shorts used to be made from heavy cotton. Nowadays, you can find a broad range of shorts in a whole lot of feel-good materials. Whether you are looking for the perfect pair of running shorts or want to give your loved one a graduation gift, this article will teach you everything they need to know before purchasing one.
Where to Find Men’s Running Shorts
There are a few places to find men’s running shorts. The most common places are sporting goods stores, running specialty stores, or online retailers. Here are a few tips for finding the perfect pair of men’s running shorts:
- Know your size. It is important to know your waist size and inseam length in order to find the right fit.
- Consider the fabric. There are a variety of fabrics available for running shorts, each with different benefits. Choose a fabric that will wick away sweat and keep you cool and comfortable during your run.
- Check the length. Running shorts should be long enough to provide coverage, but not so long that they restrict movement or cause chafing.
- Look for features. Some running shorts have additional features like pockets or reflective detailing. Decide what features are most important to you and look for shorts that offer them.
How Do You Choose a Men’s Running Short?
When it comes to choosing a pair of men’s running shorts, there are a few things you’ll want to take into consideration. First, think about the material you’ll want your shorts to be made from. There are a variety of different materials available, each with its own benefits. For example, mesh shorts are often lightweight and breathable, making them ideal for hot weather runs.
Next, consider the length of the shorts. Some runners prefer longer shorts that extend down to the knee, while others prefer shorter styles that end just above the knee. There is no right or wrong answer here, it simply comes down to personal preference.
Finally, make sure to choose a pair of shorts with a comfortable waistband. You’ll be doing a lot of moving in your shorts, so you’ll want something that won’t rub or chafe as you run. An elastic waistband is often a good option as it will provide a secure yet comfortable fit.
Men’s Running Shorts Buying Guide
When it comes to choosing the right pair of running shorts, there are a few things you need to take into account. In this men’s running shorts buying guide, we will go over some of the most important factors to consider before making your purchase.
First and foremost, you need to think about the type of fabric you want your shorts to be made out of. There are a variety of different fabrics out there that can be used for running shorts, but not all of them are created equal. You want to choose a fabric that is going to be breathable and lightweight, yet still durable enough to withstand a lot of wear and tear.
Another important factor to consider is the length of the shorts. Some people prefer shorter shorts that come just above the knee, while others like their shorts to be a bit longer, reaching down to the mid-thigh area. It really comes down to personal preference as to which length you prefer. Just make sure that the shorts you choose are comfortable and won’t ride up or chafe when you run.
Finally, you need to take into account the price of the running shorts. Just like anything else, you can find a wide range of prices when it comes to running apparel. Don’t necessarily choose the cheapest option out there, but don’t break the bank either. There are plenty of great options available at reasonable prices if you take the time to look around.
Unique Features of Men’s Running Shorts
There are many different types of men’s running shorts on the market, each with its own unique features. Here are some of the most popular types of men’s running shorts and their unique features:
- Compression Shorts: These shorts are design to provide support and compression to the legs and muscles, which can improve blood circulation and reduce muscle fatigue. They made from a comfortable Lycra or spandex material and usually have an inner liner for additional comfort.
- Split Shorts: Split shorts are design for maximum range of motion and ventilation. They have a split in the middle of the leg, which allows for greater freedom of movement. They made from lightweight materials such as mesh or nylon and usually have an inner liner for additional comfort.
- Bib Shorts: Bib shorts are a type of compression short that includes a bib-like upper portion that helps to keep the shorts in place during longer runs. They made from comfortable Lycra or spandex material and usually have an inner liner for additional comfort.
- Running Skirts: Running skirts are a popular choice for many female runners because they offer both style and function. Most skirts have built-in briefs or compression shorts for added support and coverage, and many also include pockets for storing small items like keys or energy gels.