Influencer marketing has rapidly grown in popularity over the recent years and is a widely-adopted marketing technique in current times. But, if you haven’t leveraged it yet, it is natural for you to question whether it is even worth your investment.
And the answer to that is…
Influencer marketing has a lot of pros and it can really help your business grow. However, it comes with its own set of challenges as well. Therefore, before you invest in it, you should be aware of its benefits and challenges.
Let’s take a look at some of the points you should consider.
Benefits of Influencer Marketing
Here are some of the numerous benefits of using influencer marketing:
- It can help you broaden your reach and get more views on your content.
- You can achieve your marketing goals at a lower cost by partnering with nano- and micro-influencers.
- Influencers can help you improve your brand’s image by using the influence they have over their followers.
- A recommendation from a trusted influencer can make consumers more confident in buying your products and, in turn, shorten your sales cycle.
Challenges of Influencer Marketing
Here are the major challenges you can face while using influencer marketing:
- If you choose and partner with the wrong influencers, they can harm your brand’s reputation by posting content that is inappropriate and untrustworthy.
- Mistakes like non-disclosure of the partnership may cause compliance issues with the FTC and can lead to penalties.
- Another major challenge is to accurately measure the ROI of your influencer marketing campaigns.
Overall, influencer marketing can be both good and bad for your business, but it totally depends on how you plan and execute your campaigns. When done right, it can help you generate great results for your brand.
And, its benefits clearly outweigh the challenges. You can always avoid making mistakes that can hurt your brand’s reputation by choosing the right influencers.
You can also hire any of the reliable influencer marketing agencies mentioned in my blog post on ShaneBarker.com.
To learn about other pros and cons of influencer marketing, check out the infographic below.